Tuesday, July 3, 2012

You Know? You know!


Guys, Word Press hates me. So what if I want to put an extra equal sign in my html code? You don’t have to go blow up on me. Geesh.

It’s alright though because I haven’t had much to say lately.  Because I love my internship, and loving things makes me feel all braggy. You know, like: GUESS WHAT I DID TODAY? I WENT SCUBA DIVING IN A SPRING. AND THERE WAS A CAVERN AT THE BOTTOM!

No one wants to hear that.

So instead of saying that, I’ll pose to you a question--

Have you ever had one of those days at work where you’re sitting in front of the computer screen, trying to focus on the words, but all you see is the blinding light of the monitor, telling you, “Close your eyes, go to sleep, la la la lullaby”?


You know…

 You went to bed the night before praying that you’d feel renewed and inspired come morning, but instead you wake up feeling like you haven’t slept at all, because you had a dream that your mom sent you to a doctor’s office where you have to pay for parking, and ‘what kind of doctor can’t afford their own parking lot?!’ you wonder, and then you have to come home from work at lunch time and load up on caffeine, but you don’t have a bottle opener, so you try to use a spoon, a knife and your hand, but that doesn’t work, so you check again, and it turns out the corkscrew in the drawer is actually a bottle opener, too, so you pop that Mexican Coca Cola open and chug, and then you eat two pickles on a piece of bread.

It’s a two pickles on a piece of bread kind of day.

Which doesn’t quite compare to a, I literally have nothing in my cupboard except kidney beans, kind of day, but still. It’s no veggie burger and milkshake either.

YOU KNOW?

But it’s OK, because sometimes a pickle sandwich can bring you back to your roots and help you remember who you are.

And even though the who you are stuff is a little wishy washy still, you’re working on it--one weirdy food analogy at a time.

That’s right. I said weirdy. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...I'm glad you're back from Wordpress. How else would I know that free parking is a hard line when I make that doctor's appointment for you? You know, the appointment I'll make to treat your nutritional dificiencies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alec, what kind of roots does a pickle sandwich bring you back to?

    Birthroots!

    Haha, which is actually a type of plant that is said to have medicinal properties...

    Somewhere in there was a joke, but I think I missed it, which bring me back to my original question - what kind of roots do you go back to after eating a pickle sandwich?

    ReplyDelete