Wednesday, March 13, 2013

MAKE THE WRITER'S BLOCK STOP

You guys.

Sometimes I have philosophical conversations with myself about what I should be doing with my life. Where I want to end up. How I'm going to fund my sailing trip across the world. You know. Simple stuff like that.

And I decide that my best option is just to write my way around the world.

And I know that saying you want to be a writer is kind of like saying you want to be an actress or a pro athlete.  I'd take the acting gig, but not the pro athlete one. Volleyball gives me weird bruises on my arms. And I didn't practice dribbling enough as a child to play basketball.

So then I think, well there's only one way to be a writer. Write something.

Which seems simple.

BUT I CAN'T DO THE SIMPLE THINGS BECAUSE REALLY THE SIMPLE THINGS ARE MONSTERS.

That's right. Monsters.

I get through complex things--like Sudoku and loading the dishwasher--by turning on my Pandora and singing my way through the problem.

But I can't sing my way through the writing thing, because by the time I've finished singing the song I've forgot the beginning of the song and then, well, my creativeness is wasted.



In other news, today I dripped snot while someone was filming me.

I hope they weren't using a high definition camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment