Thursday, December 8, 2011


Today I shook hands with Pearl Harbor survivors.

And I stood next to them as a band played the National Anthem.

It felt honest.

I don't know how to explain it other than that.

It made me want to love this country with more hope. And less cynicism.

Maybe that doesn't make sense.

But I was grateful to shake their hands.



Based on my previously posted plan,
I'm supposed to be highlighting December 2010 today.

I'm distracted though, so here is the (even more) condensed version--

Alec goes scuba diving in the ocean, and freezes in the 80 degree water.

Then she plays water polo with a family of strangers, rides a mechanical bull in the teen center and takes/ falls in love with step classes because she has decided to do every single activity the resort has to offer.

Alec falls victim to the on-site photographer of awkward family photos.

I'm not posting the photo here, in order to protect the innocent, and because I'm tired. But, just picture this

Awkward Family Photos [Book]

with my head pasted on it.

Then you've pretty much got it.


No comments:

Post a Comment