Sunday, March 14, 2010

Like the Stupid Girl I am

About once I year I go through this phase where I decide that I should probably just delete my blog.

(And for that matter, I should probably cut the cable lines, deactivate my facebook account, make sure my myspace isn't mysteriously floating around the internet still, and while I'm at it, throw my cell phone in a dark drawer where it cannot a) convince me that Arizona has decided to try out daylight savings time b) play embarrassing music in inappropriate situations and c) allow people to call me who I will ultimately ignore and feel bad about later. AND maybe become a Quaker for a year or two.)

But back to the blog thing, I have almost deleted this blog 3 times in the past week. Mostly because my brain in failing to come up with proper words, and I don't even own a thesaurus that could help the boring word situation.

And if I did have a thesaurus, that might make it worse, since I have a tendency to overuse cool new words, like country radio stations have a tendency to overplay that song about dancing down the hall and straight up the stairs.

(For the record, I like that song, but if I have to hear it one more time while I'm stuck in traffic on the 10, I might just have to put in a CD. And we all know that could be Dangerous. With a capital D. Because my CD case is way out of my near reach, and would certainly require me to take my eyes off the road.)

So, why am I here writing a hardly followable flow of words instead of hitting the delete button?

First, because I can't necessarily remember how to delete this thing.

And, second, I don't really know.

I think it may have something to do with the stupid girl I am.

The stupid girl I am likes writing.

She thinks a few good words can change the world.

Annndddd....The stupid girl I am likes complaining about overplayed country songs where the phrase "cut a rug" is actually used.

Where else would she complain about tacky lyrics in otherwise good country songs?

2 comments:

  1. I think that a portion of your desire to delete your blog stems from the idea that you somehow or somewhere committed to writing on it at regular intervals. Who cares? Blogs aren't like children...or even like Roxy. They don't even KNOW if they are being neglected. You can abandon a blog for a YEAR and when you come back it will have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER that you've been gone.

    That being said, it is always nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few good words can change the world. If you frequent my blog, this quote is one I share often, and it sums up the general situation perfectly.

    "When this feeling is engulfing you, remember the novels that have had the biggest effect on you as a reader. Look at those novels. Take them from your shelves. Flick through their pages. Remember the characters, settings, plots. Remember how they have made you feel. Perhaps the manuscript on which you drift aimlessly now will come to be such a book for people you have never met. Dwell on this, that this could happen. Take a deep breath and go back to your page. Perhaps there is someone who needs you to tell this story." Elliot Perlman.

    Perhaps you are not writing a novel, but a blog can be just the same; it's a great collection of words, with a massive amount of feelings and emotions. In the end, just remember that "Perhaps there is someone who needs you to tell this story".

    ReplyDelete