Thursday, September 16, 2010

2 plus 2 equals 4

My life has been kind of weird lately.

Weird as in I have no sheets on my bed. Because they looked dirty. And I found a bug on them. So, I threw them on the floor. And I am not going to pick them up. I am going to buy new ones.

Weird as in I am considering pursuing a career in shampoo bottle writing. Because I would like to be the person who makes washing your hair sound like an experience. And I would like to be able to say to people, "Oh, you use Suave? Did you read the instructions? No big deal, but I wrote that."

Weird as in I am wearing mismatching socks, and yesterday I ate Dairy Queen. Because I couldn't find matching ones. And because I was hungry and I didn't want to go to Barros Pizza wearing the same outfit I had on last time I was there.

Weird as in when I was 12 and writing out my 10 year plan, it did not include sleeping on a bed without sheets or writing (on shampoo bottles or otherwise) or eating Dairy Queen. I think it included five kids and matching socks.

Weird as in I watch too much TV, eat cookies too often and spend too much time trying to flatten the bumps in my ponytail.

Weird as in normal. As in not stressful. As in fine.

...As in 2 plus 2 equals four.


That's one of the only things I knew when I was 12 and still know now: 2+2=4.

The other one is: I'm not going for 4. I'm going for 1000.




No comments:

Post a Comment