Sunday, September 12, 2010

I Seriously Need a Cat

I don't know if you know, but a certain gourmet cat food company is hosting the opportunity of a lifetime.

Which, incidentally, was not meant to be pun, but sort of is.

Here's why--

The other night I was watching re-runs of either How I Met Your Mother or Project Runway on Lifetime TV, when the commercials came on.

Usually, this would be the time when I hit the fast forward button on my remote.

But that night was different...


I was watching live TV.


Maybe it was fate. Or maybe it was just a coincidence.

But either way, that's when I saw it--the sign.

[Insert 1993 hit pop song by Ace of Base]

It was an ad for Fancy Feast's photo contest sweepstakes.

It told me to take a photo of me and my beloved pet cat, and I could be the winner of a big screen TV, year supply of cat food and...

A WALK-ON ROLE IN A LIFETIME MOVIE.

Ahhh!

Forget YouTube.

All I need is a picture of me and my cat. I'm going to be famous!

Not to mention, it's always been a life-long dream of mine to play a drug-addicted teenager with a propensity for spontaneous human combustion.

I'd even settle for a teenage runaway who sees ghosts.

And I'm sure that walk-on role is all I need to begin an illustrious career of playing distraught teenagers (preferably ones made famous by young adult literature) for the rest of my working life.

Obviously, I am already perusing Forbes magazine for the top ten places to retire at 28.

I've always wondered why, despite being a decade older, I still look 12.

And now I know.

It's so I can move to a retirement community in North Carolina while I'm still young.

There's only one flaw in my otherwise perfect plan.

I don't exactly have a cat.

I did once.


Don't worry though.

I have a back-up plan.

See, my neighbor had a cat that was not fixed.

And it was not kept indoors.

And it was a lady cat.

And, doing what lady cats do, it went and got itself all sorts of pregnant.

And so all I have to do, is walk down the street with some catnip, find the cuddliest of all the feral cats and take a photo with it.

In exchange for this photo, should I win the contest, I will give the stray a year's supply of a certain gourmet cat food.

You know, for helping me with the opportunity of a lifetime and all.




1 comment:

  1. Please please please take a picture with one of the feral cats Alec. I dare you! And then when you're famous you can build your amusement park, have dolphins that are so happy they don't need tums, and save the penguins in Australia. Or maybe the sea turtles in Costa Rica. Either way I think it is an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete