Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wait... I have Something to say

It is 11:15 p.m.

I am sitting at a small table, on a hard chair, and watching the airport man clean the floors.

I think I'd like his job. He gets to ride around in circles on a blue cart. Also, he gets to wear latex gloves.

I don't know though, maybe it's not as glamorous as it seems.



My flight to New York has been delayed 4 hours.

I can't complain of course, because I was begging the universe not to let me miss my flight. As far as I'm concerned, the universe not only came through for me, but also gave me the opportunity to watch the man two tables over sleep sitting up and let me enjoy this small table and hard chair.

I feel thoroughly validated.

The only problem with having an unanticipated four hours in the airport is that there is plenty of time for thinking. I have become unaccustomed to the process, and all the thoughts that have been waiting to be thought about, are now giving me a headache.

To distract myself, I am watching the airport workers change the light bulbs. I think I would like to own one of the machines they are using. That way I could reach the cups on the top shelf without having to crawl up on the counter.

Side note: I'm fairly certain every single one of the airport workers must think I'm a stalker with a thing for blue shirts.

Because I keep staring at them. Then turning back to my computer and typing away.

Unfortunately for all parties, I am not a stalker. And I feel pretty unenthusiastic about their blue shirts. I say unfortunately, because I think all of our lives would be a little more exciting if I regularly frequented the outside-of-security section of the airport, at around midnight, in attempt to pick up airport night workers.

I bet you think I'm going somewhere with this.

But I'm not.


Wait.

I changed my mind.

I have something to say.


First, I'm not a stalker. I'll admit, in high school I displayed some signs of stalkerdom, but I have grown out of it almost entirely.

Second, I am a little offended that the airport worker didn't even wink at me, despite my seemingly obvious interest in his blue shirt.

And third, I would just like to stand up and say that I still believe in dreaming big. I mean look at me, I wished for a little bit of luck with time, and I ended up with four extra hours in the airport.

I think I'm probably the luckiest girl EVER.



1 comment:

  1. I so appreciate positive people. Thanks for looking at the bright side of things. This post gave me a good laugh. ;)

    ReplyDelete