Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Side of the Bed

Well guys, Roxy has decided she wants to sleep on my bed.

I spent the better part of my high school days trying to coax, convince and coddle Roxy into sleeping at the foot of my bed, so she could be the golden retriever from Homeward Bound and I could be... Oh wait, I don't want to be the teenage boy who goes on playing basketball even after he finds out his childhood pet got lost in the woods and was probably eaten by a MOUNTAIN LION.

But you get the point, I wanted Roxy to prove her unconditional love for me by sleeping at the foot of my bed.

Instead she slept in a corner, under my bed.

I was offended. But after years of self-consolation I finally decided it was probably more sanitary if she slept on the floor.

And now, suddenly, Roxy wants to be Shadow, the unconditionally-loving golden retriever from the movie I haven't seen in years.

So I'm letting her stay.

Sometimes compassion overrules sanitation.

Besides, she was recently bathed.

And I love her.



Until recently, Roxy was snoring away on my side of the bed. Which, incidentally, is why I'm writing in the first place. Because apparently I can only sleep on one side of the bed. And so I decided I'd open my computer and type something in my unsatisfied sleep haze. (You don't know what an unsatisfied sleep haze is? That's okay. Me either. I think it's when you're tired, but you can't sleep, because you have words floating around your head and your dog is on your side of the bed.)

Which brings me to my next point:

Kitchen Aids.

(I know, my ability to successfully transition from one point to the next is awe-inspiring.)

I want to own a Kitchen Aid.

I don't know. I guess it's because I think the red one is really pretty.

Maybe it comes from a subconscious desire to eat cookies.

And bake bread.

Someday I'm going to figure out how to know what I really want.

I'm going to learn how to be brave enough to want things bigger and more important than Kitchen Aids.

But for now, I'll look for a red mixer to sit on my counter.


Actually, on an almost related note, I have a lot of faith in hope. (And after much consideration, I have decided that does, in fact, make sense. So don't question me on it okay? I have faith in hope. So there.)

And, despite my better judgement, I believe dreams come true.

I mean, just look at Roxy. She is sleeping on my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment