When I sat down to write a post today I didn't know what exactly I wanted to say. I just knew I was sick of this blogging hiatus and it had to end.
And then suddenly, I was writing a very corny break-up note via internet.
At the beginning of writing that note I had every intention of explaining why, exactly, I was posting my break-up online. But about 2 lines before the end, you know, right before I said sincerely Alec, I decided writing an explanation would be BORING.
Leave it to me to keep the mystery alive. I'm nothing if not exciting and mysterious.
Okay, I'm nothing if not trying (generally unsuccessfully) to be exciting and mysterious.
See, now my blog is practically a Nancy Drew novel!
And, really, who doesn't love Nancy Drew?
That being said, I realize that for those of you who know I don't have a boyfriend that note must have been a bit confusing. And for those of you who don't know I don't have a boyfriend, that note may have been a little uncomfortable.
Let's face it. I'm nothing if not a bit confusing and a little uncomfortable.
But the mystery is almost over.
...
...
...
I'M BREAKING UP WITH APATHY.
See, over the last few days our relationship has gotten serious. A little too serious actually.
Our relationship reached its climax last Wednesday.
I was meeting with my professor when he asked me how I was doing.
Fine thanks, I said.
Are you sure? he asked. It didn't seem like it when you were falling asleep in my class.
Normally that accusation would have sent chills through my spine. Normally, I would have froze. Normally a conversation like that would have ended in a crying phone call to my mother.
But instead I said something like: Ya, I don't know why I've been so tired lately.
And then he said something like: Can I give you some advice from a concerned professor? It looked like you were up too late last night partying.
And then I think I giggled: I never party, I said. You can ask anyone. I think I have narcolepsy. I can fall asleep anywhere. In particular, I think it's the powerpoint presentations that put me to sleep, though.
See what I mean about apathy wiping away the tears? I'm going to miss that part.
But then today, TODAY, apathy and I had a serious fight. Because he wanted me to just sit in my house, sleep in until 9, not do my homework, not write any articles, eat thousands of cookie calories, and go to the park wearing a sun dress so I could pretend like I was in the Bahamas or something.
There is going to be some serious wallowing I'm afraid once the repercussions of our relationship catch up with me.
AKA, we might be back together come Monday.
But for now, I'm going to do some homework, and plan a church lesson, and maybe even clean out the kitchen sink.
So (in case you're still confused) I'm not really breaking up with anyone.
I'm just trying to flush apathy, temporarily, down the toilet.
(Can you temporarily flush something down the toilet?)
I should also mention that I don't think it's entirely apathy's fault. It also has a lot to do with spring fever... Especially the sun dress, pretending I live in the bahamas, part.
I just don't know how I'm supposed to sit inside and write papers when it is SO wonderful outside.
Now excuse me, I'm going to go daydream...
I mean, write papers. I'm going to go write papers.
If you tie a string to something, then you might be able to flush it down the toilet and pull it out later. Although I'm guessing your desire to retrieve it will be inversely proportional to the amount of time it spent in the stank-hole.
ReplyDeleteWell done. As always. Is that part of the reason why you don't blog sometimes? Because of the pressure to be amazing? You still pull it off.
He really thought you were partying, huh? That is too funny. I hope that you really did giggle and that he really did believe you.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet you're dying to read a new blog...Yes, yes I am.
ReplyDelete