I think that's the same year I started disliking math. There may or may not be a connection there.
Anyway, it got progressively worse in high school.
By junior year, I could fall asleep anytime, anywhere.
On my bedroom floor after class, sitting straight up in my 5th hour history class, and during 3:00 swim practices (practically).
By junior year, my alleged narcolepsy had become like an art, a gift of sorts.
In class, I would rest my head on my hand, let my hair fall over my face, and get the 3o minute nap that would get me through the day.
See, being able to fall asleep on hard surfaces, no matter how loud the background noise: that's talent right there.
Anyway, my self-diagnosed narcolepsy has gotten me through some hard times.
But lately it's become a bit of a nuisance.
Like when I fall asleep in the middle of the afternoon while reading my computer screen. And when I can't make it all the way through a movie without crashing. And when I miss my favorite TV show (ie the Office) because I can't stay awake past 7:00.
Then it's a problem.
Narcolepsy, I may have to re-diagnose myself. And if you're going to keep trying to interrupt my quality time with the television, then you are so out.
Just something you might want to think about.
This reminds me of a funny goat video from youtube.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9_CdNPuJg
Ha!
What about sleeping in the back seat of Troy's car, with the sub going?
ReplyDeletelol, your posts are awesome. I'm so glad you decided not to sell your soul and start blogging again
ReplyDelete