Thursday, June 11, 2009

About That Blog

There are three reasons why it has been ages, I mean weeks, since I dived into a fit of narcissism and wrote something about, well, ME, on this site.


1. Every time a year of blogging goes by I get disappointed with my blog. It irritates me. And I quit for a little while.

2. I realized that by not writing anything, I got followers. My "followers" more than doubled since my last post. And I thought to myself, "Hey! Maybe if I never update people will come to my site and "FOLLOW" me. And that sounded special.

3. After school let out and summer started I had nothing to do with my brain and decided to use it to come up with a clever and life-changing reason why I blog. I thought, and I pondered, and I imagined, and after many days, came up with ABSOLUTELY nothing. And then I had a small panic attack. Because I don't even write in my blog to keep family members updated about my life or to post pictures of my children like most mormon girls my age. In fact, I DON'T EVEN HAVE CHILDREN. Which meant, that I was only blogging because in the back of my head the little whispering psycho voice keeps telling me that I can get rich if I just post everyday for a year. And the little whispering lazy voice tells me that I can cleverly insert my blog postings into my portfolio clips when I graduate, and THEN potential employers will not even notice that I have no experience whatsoever. 

So in a fetal attempt to throw away the psycho and lazy I quit blogging. Because I had no REASON. Why, I wondered, would I need to blog when I can sit on my couch and watch 7 hours of Two and a Half Men?

I hope you can see the irony in all of this... 

Turns out watching 7 hours of terrible television is neither sane nor productive. 


I am still trying to ignore the less than admirable voices in my head, but perhaps there is a way to do so without simply quitting something I love. 

Because in the end, the only reason I blog is because I. love. to. write. 

And a lot of times I forget that love is a good enough reason. 



So that is that. 

Until Next Time.

Love,

Alec

2 comments:

  1. You certainly love to write, and I love to read it. But if blogging were your boyfriend, he would be rather upset at just being your booty-call and then being shelved until the next urge hits. BLOGS HAVE NEEDS, YOU KNOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lol'd at:
    1. Your thoughts in #3 about the other girls our age who blog about their babies... heh heh heh suckers.
    2. The thought of 2 1/2 men... I love that show
    3. Colton's comment.

    I love your blog and I'm proud to say I've stalked it for about 8 or 9 months now :)

    ReplyDelete