And he did.
But he sent them back much sooner than I expected him to.
And so I didn't even have time to update my queue.
So now Netflix is sending me Alvin and the Chipmunks and Taken.
The latter, I have heard, is a very good movie.
Exciting.
Edgy.
Adventurous.
Scary.
It has gotten fantastic reviews.
But I am bad at scary movies.
As in, if a movie is scary, I sleep with my lights on for a month. As in, just hearing the plot/ story line of The Ring made me afraid to turn on the TV at night. As in Nancy Drew the movie made my insides crunch up.
So I asked the people who know me well, "should I watch that movie?"
And they said, "Ya. You'll be fine. As long as your not traveling by yourself in a foreign country or anything."
So I decided not to watch it, because I have a good memory. And I thought I might want to travel to Europe someday.
But I forgot to take it off my queue.
And then, the day after I decided to go to Argentina, by myself, to travel in a foreign country, Netflix decided to send me that movie. That Taken movie. That movie which you should not watch if you are traveling alone and tend to worry excessively.
Does anyone else think that's a bit too ironic.
I mean,
MAYBE IT'S A SIGN.
Or not.
Anyway, back to the reason why I'm writing this:
Do you think I should watch the movie?
I hear it's really good.
Watch the movie and then see if you think there is a sign :)
ReplyDeleteWell, from what i saw with the sound off on my flight from phoenix to new york, it looked pretty lame. Qui-gon-jin (with no lightsaber, just a gun, lame) goes around killing everyone and then saves his daughter fro ma huge fat guy. maybe it would have been cooler with sound. . . and good acting . . .and maybe a better story . . .
ReplyDeleteThe first 20 minutes are stupid. The last 20 minutes are stupid. Everything in between is awesome. And I mean everything.
ReplyDeleteI have a female friend who used to be afraid that someone would be hiding in her house when she came home at night to rape her or something. Her dad just told her "Don't worry so much about it. Who would want you?"
ReplyDeleteI'm just saying.