Thursday, July 30, 2009

Umm... I don´t think that is supposed to smoke like that

Well, I blew up my power converter.

Apparently, my computer uses more than 50 watts of power or something.

You know, I don´t really blame myself for the first time. It´s just not in my nature to read instructions.

But when I plugged that thing into the wall the second time, after it overheated the first time, after it smelt like burning the first time, well, that was just stupid.

So, until I have a new power converter, I probably won´t be posting much.

Although I have so much to tell you people.

You thought my life was humiliating when it was in English, just wait until you here about it when it´s in Castellano, a language, that apparently, I don´t speak.

And also, I am in Argentina. Do you know what they do here? I´ll tell you what. They stay up all night and go clubbing.

Do you know what I do here?

I sleep all night, and then walk all day, and then get lost, and then walk some more, and then fall asleep. Because it is way too cold to do anything but walk and sleep.

I miss 115 degree afternoons.

Sigh.


Also, I think I may have been allergic to something I ate today, because after I ate it I got so tired. Like, almost fall asleep at the table tired. Like put the tip in the place where you´re supposed to put your passport number tired. Oh wait, that was just because I don´t speak Spanish.

Well, I am paying for every minute of internet right now--granted it´s less than 2 cents a minute, but still--so I´ll update mas luego.

Oh, and cross your fingers for me that my computer still works!

3 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad that you've taken the time to let us know how you are doing from the other side of the world. Where it is winter. Who thinks about things like that? When it is summer where you are, it is obviously summer everywhere.

    Why did you go to Argentina, again? Is this a vacation? Did you go WITH someone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, still sounds like a good time, and it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my friend who said she was going to go on vacation with me. But I keep posting. I like reading your blogs. If I still worked at Best Buy I'd have bought you a smokeless converter and shipped it to you.

    ReplyDelete