Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dear Borders, Can I Move In There? Love, Alec

I went to the bookstore last night to find a book about writing so I can read it for a class assignment.

Before I got there I was grumpy and tired and hungry and pessimistic.

By the time I left I was excited and happy and excited and excited.

And now I am reading the book that I found after two hours of sitting on the floor of the bookstore.

And it is making me want to drop out of school and write. All day and all night.

And when I'm not writing, I'll read. Because that's what I learned after sitting on the floor of the bookstore for two hours.

That there is so much to read.



Do you think that's a viable excuse?

Professor, I couldn't finish my book lest I drop out of school halfway through.



I feel like I'm falling in love after a bad breakup.

My heart is beating fast.

My stomach has butterflies.

Can't eat. Can't sleep.

Can't focus on anything else long enough to even give my dog a bath.

All I want to do is spend time with my new book and my unfinished novels.


I blame the bookstore for this unfocused state of happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I don't care what your professors say, you can write the names out of the phonebook and I'll read them.

    (Just between us, I rarely take time to read anyone these days but just spent ten minutes on you because you're kind of awesome. And 20. Which means you also kind of suck. But I really like you anyway.)

    ReplyDelete