Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fonts and Flan Bread

I am watching Scrubs and trying to give my blog a makeover.

See, the other day, I saw an advertisement on ABC that said, Extreme Makeover, blog addition. And I thought, hey, will someone makeover my blog? And then I thought, that's probably not what they mean.

So I figured I would have to do it myself.

Which, actually, is not going over that well. Apparently, I am not very--how do you say--good at blog makeovers.

Someday, when I have important things to procrastinate, I will probably finish my blog makeover.


But for now, on to more important things.

This weeks version of Alec with a side of vegetables is about how to make single serving chocolate chip cookies without using frozen dough.

Unfortunately, when I tried making single serving chocolate chip cookies without using frozen dough, they turned into chocolate chip flan bread.

This, I imagine, is because I have not yet figured out how to cut a raw egg in half, and there was a triple portion of eggs in my single serving chocolate chip cookies.

Needless to say, the texture was all wrong, the taste was lacking, and I ended up pouring milk over my single serving chocolate chip flan bread to add some moisture. And I--she who puts scrambled eggs in her chicken salad--regretted eating it.

Not to mention, I don't remember the recipe because I was in such a hurry to make a cookie that I could eat ASAP, that I just dumped in some flour, poured in a little sugar, sprinkled some salt, and didn't take a single note on measurement.

Which, as we've already talked about, is fine, because who wants a recipe for chocolate chip flan bread anyway?

No one. That's who.

So, I need some help.

What should I make on With a Side of Vegetables next?

Would you like to watch me epically fail on pork chops? Or how about creme brulee, which I will burn--I mean brown--with 37 regular matches?

I'm going grocery shopping Saturday afternoon.

So, as the boys in elementary school said right before they hurled a ball at the closest unsuspecting girl, think fast.

If you don't, I'm going to have to eat chocolate chip flan bread while I sit in front of my boring blog that's in need of a makeover.

1 comment:

  1. You should do the ramen noodles that has an egg cooked into it and then a slice of cheese melted on top, with hot sauce. Talk about an abomination.

    ReplyDelete