I don't really like Halloween all that much. So I decided I didn't want to do Halloween this year. It was a good plan.
The Wednesday before Halloween I changed my mind. And then I yelled at my roommate because she couldn't think of a costume that involved me wearing jeans, a black shirt, and dark makeup.
I couldn't think of one either.
So the Friday before Halloween I ran frantically all over Tucson looking for a costume.
I ended up with a white dress, that I thought could maybe could work as a Marilyn Monroe dress.
Like, maybe if you really use your imagination and squint just right it could look like a Marilyn Monroe dress.
It didn't look like a Marilyn Monroe dress. It did sort of look like a Marilyn Monroe nightgown.
So I decided to be a 40s girl.
But then somehow my hair ended up in a short bob. And I looked like I walked out of a 1920s time machine.
And so I put on some beads and called myself a flapper.
But I didn't have a feather.
So, I was Daisy, from Great Gatsby.
Which, actually, is what I wanted to be in the first place--an understated character from a classic novel.
Unfortunately, no one asked me what I was.
Because I went to the casino for halloween.
And the people there probably thought I just like to wear 1920s dresses and pin my hair up.
Which, actually, I do like to do.
So I changed my mind.
I suppose I like Halloween after all.
As long as I get to dress up as an understated character from a classic novel and pin my hair up.
Well I'm glad that all you had to do was look like Daisy, because she was stupid. Pretty, but also pretty dumb. Plus she flitted around all the time in the movie, too, like a pixie. Who wants to be around a pixie all the time?
ReplyDeleteI don't have your e-mail address or I wouldn't be still having this conversation here. BUT...
ReplyDeleteIts a good kind, I promise. Its super wonderful. There is a slight possibility of the other kind of crying for a brief moment in the middle, but it is eclipsed by the good kind at the end.
This reminds me of a song.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://popup.lala.com/popup/360569458055929550&ei=xLbzSrbNKou4swOR4KwC&sa=X&oi=music_play_track&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAgQ0wQoADAA&usg=AFQjCNE06O05WIfHdVG7TjcCcNzGF17D5Q
Hahaha...I just noticed that your address is right over there ---------->
ReplyDeleteSnort.