Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday

No sudden movements.

Stay low to the ground.

And worse case scenario, run.


When someone left the house this morning, they set the alarm for "away" instead of "stay."

Rather than yell out, "Hello! I'm still here! In my bed! I'm NOT going away."

I decided to take this opportunity to test out the house's motion sensors.


I've been lying very still for the last 10 minutes. (Which, really, is no feat, since I would have done that anyway. I need a few minutes in the morning to ponder life before i plunge into it. It's one of my fatal flaws.)

Anyhow, things were just about to get interesting , on account of I have to use the bathroom.

But then whoever left thinking everyone was away, came home and unset the alarm before I even had a chance to outsmart it.

I know. Bummer.

I was really looking forward to doing some gymnastics down the hallway to avoid the invisible lasers.

And to crawling through the kitchen, pretending to talk to the CIA via an implanted cavity.

And then, when I inevitably failed to delude the evil motion sensors, I was excited about those 45 seconds I would have to defuse the beeping alarm system with a special code that only I could figure out in that short amount of time.

Oh well.

Maybe another day.



1 comment:

  1. That was funny. I share in your disappointment. I've never lived somewhere that I even COULD have an alarm situation. Small towns just don't have alarms.

    I frequently walk through fire-exit-only doors, though.

    ReplyDelete