Sunday, December 20, 2009

Does it frighten you that I just found myself identifying with a Demi Lovato song?

No I don't intend on telling you which one. Nor do I have any intention of giving an explanation to my title. Aside from saying, this is where I am in my life right now--sitting at my desk, surrounded by empty bowls of soup and ice cream, identifying with Demi Lavado's Disney channel music.

And that is that.

In other news, we are now less than a week away from Christmas and I have not even started my Christmas shopping.

Wait. That is a lie. I bought Roxy her traditional tennis balls, showed them to her, and then told her not to tell anyone, 'but these are your Christmas presents.'

((I am going to make a wonderful mother someday.))

Speaking of mothers, my mother told me if I was stuck on the blogging front, I could make a list of random things about myself.

I am going to do that for no other reason than because I am tired of my old blog posts, and because it will be in rebellion against the voice in my head that says everything in life ought to have a purpose.

1. I occasionally identify with Demi Lovato songs.

2. I talk to Roxy like she is a person, and make her unwrap tennis balls every year at Christmas. She, in turn, has become so accustomed to this practice, that when I wrapped my sister's birthday present and left it sitting in my room a few weeks ago, she started pawing at it, until I told her, in my serious voice, that is wasn't hers and she wasn't allowed to open it.

3. A Tucson area phone number has called me over 5 times in the last hour, and has left at least three voicemails with no content. Every time I pick up, the line just buzzes. I even called back once, but the voicemail box was full. They are calling me for the 6th or 7th time as I type.

4. I do not say swear words. But I do have a favorite swear word, which is the 'S' word. If I were to start swearing, I would only use that word. And the 'B' word, when it was especially called for.

5. The other night I watched the Julie/Julia movie and came to a few important conclusions: a) I have yet to see a movie in which I like Meryl Streep, and that makes me feel like a bad movie watcher (any suggestions), b) I would like to cook with a lot of butter, but I feel better when I eat bland foods that have no taste--it's a predicament, c) the movie made me lose some respect for blogging, d) that being said, I think a year long blogging project would be fun. I just hope it wouldn't result in me expressing my love to a famous chef, rather than my significant other.

6. Every time I make one of these lists, my mind automatically turns to my appreciation for socks. It's all "tell them how much you like socks." Which is weird, because when I was little, I kind of hated every type of sock, because they all felt dry and the seams bothered me. So maybe, I should instead express my appreciation for liquid fabric softener.

7. The Tucson area phone number just called again and left another voicemail. It says: swishhhhh-buzzzz.

8. I have realized recently that, really, there is no such thing as a deal breaker, because love is stupid and knows nothing about getting a good deal.

9. Last weekend, I had to be in a Spanish play for the class final. I was dressed up as a 'spirit of light.' In other words, I was wearing a white skirt, white shirt, white tennis shoes, a white, bobby-pinned, flower crown, and bright blue eye shadow. After I was done with the play, I needed to go to Walmart. But I decided not to. I didn't want someone to take my picture and put me on the creatures of Walmart blog.

10. I regret to inform you that I will not be editing this blog post. In fact, I regret to inform you that I rarely edit my blog posts. My blog is not about perfection or appearances. And it is accepting of [almost] all grammar errors. After all:




Okay, I could not even make sense of the first line without fixing typos, so I will sort of edit. (Take that, pessimistic blog picture)

2 comments:

  1. Haha...HAHA...snort. Seriously. And now my response:

    I don't even know who Demi Lovato is, but when I googled her (or his) lyrics, a bunch of Jonas Brothers crap came up so I freaked out like my computer was spontaneously downloading porn.

    I would like to hear your angry voice. I'm having a hard time with this concept.

    I don't think you realize how good number 8 is.

    I'm still laughing about your fear of being put on the Wal*Mart blog. You should consider that kind of immortalizing a PRIVILEGE, young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOL'd about your fear of ending up on the People of Walmart blog hahaha

    And I like that blogging demotivational poster

    ReplyDelete