And by recently, I mean yesterday.
And by frequently, I mean three times.
But seeming as I usually steer clear of the word farm altoghether, three times is like a 300 percent increase.
Never one to ignore the signs, I'm taking this influx of the use of the word farm very seriously.
And by very seriously, I mean I'm lightly considering the idea of becoming a farmer upon graduating.
That is, if I can find a farm.
And a horse.
And someone under the age of 30 that can teach me how to milk a cow.
Let me explain:
Yesterday, my mom and I were having a conversation. And kind of randomly she said, "Have you heard about the magic vitamin, Vitamin D."
And I was like, "... No"
And she said, "We don't farm anymore. So we don't get enough sunlight."
And then I interrupted and shivered, "You're telling me."
So then I got to thinking, maybe if I was a farmer, I'd be warm and in the sun all the time.
And then, right after that, I went to my friends house, where the topic of conversation quickly turned to personality disorders and anxiety.
(That's what happens when you're friends with a social worker.)
So I said something about how I wanted to just leave all the stress behind and quit this busy, perfectionism culture that I'm a part of.
And she was all, "Ya, don't you just want to live in the countryside in a cottage."
And I thought, Yes, and be a farmer.
And that was that--
Yesterday, my mom and I were having a conversation. And kind of randomly she said, "Have you heard about the magic vitamin, Vitamin D."
And I was like, "... No"
And she said, "We don't farm anymore. So we don't get enough sunlight."
And then I interrupted and shivered, "You're telling me."
So then I got to thinking, maybe if I was a farmer, I'd be warm and in the sun all the time.
And then, right after that, I went to my friends house, where the topic of conversation quickly turned to personality disorders and anxiety.
(That's what happens when you're friends with a social worker.)
So I said something about how I wanted to just leave all the stress behind and quit this busy, perfectionism culture that I'm a part of.
And she was all, "Ya, don't you just want to live in the countryside in a cottage."
And I thought, Yes, and be a farmer.
And that was that--
I figured the universe was telling me to be a farmer.
So, as soon as the universe supplies a farm, a horse, and a someone under the age of 30 who will teach me how to milk a cow, I will hide away my suburban tennies, and buy a pair of leather boots.
And when I'm done soaking up sunshine and planting carrots, then-- probably--the universe will want me to try Hollywood.
So, as soon as the universe supplies a farm, a horse, and a someone under the age of 30 who will teach me how to milk a cow, I will hide away my suburban tennies, and buy a pair of leather boots.
And when I'm done soaking up sunshine and planting carrots, then-- probably--the universe will want me to try Hollywood.
You should try Farmtown on facebook - it's almost like being a real farmer.
ReplyDelete