Saturday, October 15, 2011

Becoming Self-Reliant, the Transcendentalist Way

Sometimes I accidentally reflect on my junior year of high school.

It usually happens in October. I don't know why. It's just one of life's mysteries.

When I accidentally reflect on my junior year of high school, in October, mysteriously...

Things like this sometimes happen (see below).

It's an unfortunate side effect of October.

Kind of like Halloween costumes.



-----------------------------------------------

Things I would need for an extended camping trip in the woods:

1. A DIY tutorial from google on how to build a log cabin.

2. A shovel

3. A six-month supply of Kashi bars.

4. Carrot and broccoli seeds. Also maybe, an apple tree starter plant.

5. Dry milk.

6. 200 gallons of water.

7. A toothbrush.

8. A 12-month supply of hand sanitizer.

9. Besides what I'm wearing, 2 shirts and pajama pants.

10. Bear spray.

11. Bug spray.

12. Two boxes of printer paper and a mechanical pencil with extra led.


I would also consider bringing Thoreau's book Walden, Or Life in the Woods, if I didn't have time to read it before hand.




Am I missing anything?

I'd hate to get all the way to the woods just to realize I forgot something important, like a blanket.

Oh add that to the list.

13. Blanket. (Probably a solar one. Or just a good sleeping bag.)


Now all I need to do is find an appropriately self-reliant-able area of woodland.

I'll be transcending in no time.


No comments:

Post a Comment