Do you remember that episode of Charlie Brown when Lucy set up the psychiatric both and sold advice for a nickel?
Because I think I'd totally pay a nickel for advice.
Even if it was bad advice.
Well, maybe I'd only pay half a nickel for bad advice.
Anyhow, because I'm a golden rule type girl, I'd like to give you some unsolicited advice.
1. Turn off your TV. It is not as cool as you think it is. Even when it is playing Friday Night Lights. Even when it is frozen on a close up of Tim Riggins. Even when it is making you think Texas is your forgotten homeland.
2. Like the grandma stuck in a tree said on Pocahontas said, "listen with your heart, and you will understand." It's hard to say, for certain, what you will understand. But I think you will understand something. And I think that something will be important.
3. If all else fails, go to YouTube. Look up "I Hope You Dance." Press play. Dance. Keep dancing until you forget that you dropped out of dance class at five years old. Dance like everyone is watching. And keep dancing until you're convinced that Swan Lake will take you in, put you on stage and make you a star.
(If you want to leave some solicited advice in return for my unsolicited advice, please do. There will be no nickels involved in this exchange.)
In the meantime, I'm going to go take my own advice. Starting with the YouTube bit.
I'm pressing play...
Advice. Have a slumber party with your friends sometime.
ReplyDeleteadvice: write a book.
ReplyDelete