Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pancake Soup for the Soul

I've never seen the movie The Breakfast Club, but if it's anything like The View from Saturday, then I think I'd like to have one--

A breakfast club, that is.

Or a View from Saturday.

Or maybe a Saturday breakfast club with a view.


All I need are a few eccentric characters who like talking about philosophy over pancakes on Saturday mornings.


Interestingly, that reminds me of this website named Soul Pancake.

It's kind of like a digital view from Saturday.

I prefer my pancakes to be of the real-life brand, though.

(Actually I prefer not eating pancakes. Unless I am at I-HOP.)



So, if you know any interesting people with thoughts, who do or do not like pancakes, please send them my way.

In the meantime, I think I'll rent The Breakfast Club.

I'm hoping it will give me some pointers on how to run a thought-provoking, Saturday breakfast club with a view.

1 comment:

  1. The View from Saturday was one of my favorite books! Although, when I first read it at a younger age... I was embarrassingly far into the book before I realized it was about an academic bowl and not a bowling tournament.

    ReplyDelete