Even in elementary school, I didn't like the P.E. gym/cafeteria/spontaneous blood drive center.
I've always preferred private lessons with professional trainers like Tony Horton and Richard Simmons.
See Tony and Richard don't surround me with mirrors and make me look at my stringy hair while I'm doing high kicks that are disappointingly low.
Also, they don't let other people into the class who are probably judging me and my bleach-stained pants.
Tony just tells me to do my best.
And, from what I remember from my 6th grade workouts with Mr. Simmons, he just let me know I can cry if I want to.
And really, as far as life lessons go, you can't get much better advice than that.
In conclusion, I might make a few trips to the gym to listen to Shakira and learn how to shake it like a salt shaker, but aside from that, I think I'll stick to the television for my get-fit program.
P.S. Speaking of television, there are only two reasons I like having cable again. 1. I don't have to watch an entire movie every time I sit down to eat dinner. And 2. Burn Notice starts tomorrow, and now I can watch it in real time, commercials and everything. So. Excited.
P.S.S. Speaking of tomorrow, supposedly there is going to be rain. Lots of rain.
Should said rain result in a flood, I will fulfill my childhood dream of riding the jetski down the street to school. Except I won't drive it to school. I will drive it through the flooded park. Which will probably be even cooler than riding my bike through dirty rain water in the park. Besides, the bike thing, been there, done that.
Okay, if you ride a jetski to the park I will officially build a shrine to you as the COOLEST person of all time. I'm just saying.
ReplyDeleteRe: P.S.S.
ReplyDeleteBack in the day, Danny, David, and I would inflate a raft, then raft around in the rain flooded/irrigated Pima Park. We were pretty much the coolest people out that day.
Therefore, I support your jet ski idea.