Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Post that Exceeds 100 Words

Once upon a time I realized my fashion foolishness.

I think it may have been after 3 years of sitting next to my fashion-conscious coworker who I only once saw wear the same skirt twice.

And there I was in the corner, dressed down in my jeans and hopefully-not-yesterday's T-shirt, when I thought, I don't give a pile of crap about what clothes I wear.

And while aforementioned thought was not entirely accurate, it came pretty close to defining my sentiments toward the whole fashiony shindig.

Which leads us to this morning when I had a 30 minute debate with myself about whether or not to tuck in my shirt.

After consulting with google images, I decided it was the only proper thing to do. And so, disregarding my better intuition, I tucked in my shirt and reflected on the last time I purposefully tucked a shirt into my pants: kindergarten.

I hated tucking then, too.

So after work today, I went to the mall in something like a state of panic--the panic coming from the simple fact that I have already expired my two dress shirts and from the question I kept asking myself in the middle of the tucking crisis this morning, i.e. what the heck am I supposed to wear tomorrow?

So I did what I saw as my unfortunate and only option--I put my heels back on and bought everything in the mall that had stayed on and had sleeves.

By 9:15, I was limping out of the mostly closed mall, wondering if my car got stolen, and thinking I should probably ditch my shoes on the side of the street and spend the rest of my life walking barefoot.

I put my shoes back on though, because I didn't want to ruin the pants that I stole from my sister's closet.

That's when I started talking to the parking lot.

"I'm like an injured antelope!" I said.

Because I was limping and for all I knew my car was stolen. And I'm not sure, exactly, how that makes me an antelope, but I feel as though that's really beside the point.

The point is, after 3 hours of shopping, now I own more clothes.

But I still don't know how to wear them.

Or whether or not they should be tucked.

And that, people, concludes this post that exceeds 100 words.

1 comment:

  1. My sentiments exactly. Add colorblindness to it all and you have a thorough fashion conundrum.

    ReplyDelete