The music is on for everyone to enjoy because:
1. No one else was around when I started playing it
2. I forgot my headphones
3. There is an entire swarm of obnoxious birds squawking in the trees around me. And when I say swarm, I mean Alfred Hitchcock style.
(This, of course, is the disadvantage of working outside. The advantage is that my brain is no longer melting in front of a computer screen, and I am no longer shivering in the bottom of the basement. Cease whining, now.)
Suddenly, I hear a car engine ignite, and the incessant squawking stops.
"That's nice," I think.
And it is-- until the silence is replaced by little plop, plops, hitting the cement around me.
And now, I am less concerned about the noise and more concerned about returning to my basement with bird poop in my hair.
Lucky for me, the birds seem to have missed all but the sidewalk below and now are back to their reassuring chatter.
I think I'll turn on some Beethoven.
Haha...this was like watching a scene from a movie. 500 Days of Summer, I think.
ReplyDelete"But you should know up front, this is not a love story."
Maybe I should have picked another movie. Although I certainly prefer that to Hitchcock.