That car in my lane is going the wrong way down a one-way street.
I think this complacently, although technically, I am only a few minutes away from a head on collision.
Then I check my mirrors and get ready to move into the next lane, so the driver of that white SUV can continue it's path down the wrong way of the street.
Hmm... I guess the next car over is going the wrong way, too.
And then it starts to click.
There are four lanes of cars all headed at me. Which means...
Oh! I am driving the wrong way down this one-way street.
I swerve right where there is a welcome double yellow line.
And then I have time to think.
How did that happen? I am still absurdly complacent.
It must have had something to do with that sudden merge to the left instead of to the right.
Only when I think the white car behind me may be a police officer, do I start to worry about the fact that I almost ran into a whole street of cars going the opposite direction as me.
And by opposite direction, I mean, the right direction.
Call me apathetic if you must. But before you do, you should know I almost cried and, probably did, stamp my foot this morning when my face lotion exploded in my hair.
So I don't know if lacking in emotion, really, properly defines me.
There is probably a lesson to be learned from all this, although I'm having a hard time putting my finger on it.
I think it may be, don't spend an entire yesterday wishing for something to blog about.
Because something to blog about, well evidently, that can be arranged.
This is not going to help your ongoing argument with Adam.
ReplyDeleteSnort...and this is exhibit A for why all cities should have been planned by Mormons. When was the last time that you ran into a one-way street in Mesa? Never o'clock, that's when.
ReplyDelete